Sunday, September 25, 2011

Prepping in Secret

I was sent a message yesterday that asked if I would address an issue about prepping in secret. The author of this message did not say if he or she wanted a response in a video or a discussion on the topic on the new internet radio show, or what. I could not respond to the message because the account was deleted by the time I attempted to answer the message today. So I thought I would reference the topic in a video, and ask the viewers to assist in the answering of this question on this blog. I will also refer listeners of the show to this blog to assist as well.
The question was about prepping in secret, specifically how to get started without others taking notice. The situation as I was told is as follows. This person works for a small municipality in the Midwest and has a spouse that works for a small financial institution. This couple has a 3 bedroom home, and 2 children under 10 years old. The home has very little room for storage. 
The reason for prepping (for other than natural disaster), a deep concern about economic collapse and all that will be caused by it.
The town this person is in is a small town with less than 3000 people and everyone notices everything according to the message I received. Things like deliveries from UPS and Fed Ex are always asked about by the neighbors.
I get the feeling that prepping in that community would be difficult without everyone knowing.    
This person was worried about what the neighbors may think or say, and both think that if coworkers learned about their concerns it could be harmful to them professionally.   
NOTE: if you have suggestions for this situation please post them here. If you have suggestions and are also prepping in secret please send your suggestions to the email I have set up for Prepper Logic PrepperLogic@gmail.com
I will post the date of the show that this topic will be discussed on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in a town like that :( Keeping a low profile is important, but IMO, most of a person's supplies should come from Wal*Mart, Costco, and the Dollar Store. For a town this small, it sounds like biweekly expeditions to the nearest larger city that has one or more of the above stores is in order. Granted, I did buy some stuff from costco.com, emergencyessentials.com, etc. Should a neighbor drop by after a delivery: "Oh, that? I bought something for my ." or: "Oh that? It's a repair part for my ." "Oh - got an upgrade for my computer." Tons of bogus excuses. And if they are so nosey as to want to inspect the part, a silent glare should be sufficient.

    The only hard one to explain would be the 55 gallon water barrels. When I got truckload of them, I unloaded them quickly and I don't think any neighbors saw them.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete